Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sandwich


Usually the biggest chunk of calories in a sandwich is the bread.  There are light options.. I think the lowest I have seen is 40 cals/slice.  Another option I use alot is pitas. A specific Brand though! Don't just go grab a pita and think you are outsmarting the calorie monster.... The Brand is Joseph's. They have pita's and Lavash wraps. Both are great.  The ingredients are flax, oat bran, and whole wheat. The pitas are 60 calories. You can either just use the whole pita, and just put your normal sandwich stuff in the middle and fold it like a taco... or you can cut it in half and stuff the filling inside, making your ' sandwich ' bread only 30 cals.  The lavash is a long rectangle wrap. The whole piece is 100 calories. I usually cut it in half and make a wrap with the 50 calorie piece. It's plenty. This is great to use for a breakfast wrap also. I find the Joseph's lavash and pitas at Walmart in the deli section around the french breads and deli baked goods.

1 comment:

  1. I have got to try to find these. We rarely go to the Supercenter, but I've looked for these at Kroger and can't find them. I guess I need to make a special trip!

    ReplyDelete